Downtime is Deadtime
We’re here to keep businesses moving
Business cannot stop just because your van does. That's why here at Northside Truck and Van we pledge to keep your business moving. In partnership with Mercedes-Benz we bring you MobiloVan; A free, 24-hour roadside assistance service that knows you can’t afford to stop. Covering all the UK and Europe; MobiloVan is on your side wherever you may be.
Dedicated roadside assistance to keep businesses moving
All Mercedes-Benz Vans registered after 1 October 2012 come with MobiloVan, our free roadside assistance package.
If you break down, have a collision or can’t start your van, a trained Mercedes-Benz technician will attend you anywhere in the UK and across Europe. Equipped with specific Mercedes-Benz diagnostic equipment and Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts; our technicians will be fully prepared to repair your vehicle there and then.*
Our promise to keep you moving means that if we are unable to repair your van roadside, then we will recover your vehicle to the nearest Mercedes-Benz approved workshop for repair. And what’s more, as long as you suit the eligibility criteria** it's all free.
Our MobiloVan promise applies to all eligible** Mercedes-Benz van owners- you do not have to be a business user to benefit.
*80% roadside recovery rate.
** Read below for eligibility criteria
80% of all vehicles under the MobiloVan promise are fixed at the roadside, in the unlikely case that a roadside repair is not possible, we offer 3 options:
- We will arrange a replacement vehicle (subject to availability) for the duration of the repair up to 3 working days.*
- We will cover the cost of onward travel home/back to the depot up to a maximum of £340 (€400) inc.VAT per vehicle passenger*
- Bed and Breakfast accommodation supplied for driver and passengers for up to 3 working days whilst the repair is carried out*
Once your vehicle is repaired, we’ll deliver it back to within a 30-mile radius of the repairing workshop.
*terms and conditions apply, see mbvans.co.uk/mobilovan/termsandconditions
MobiloVan applies to vehicles purchased from an authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealer, originally destined for and first registered in the UK on or after 1 October 2012, whether you are the vehicle's first or any subsequent owner.
It's the van that is covered, not the owner, so it doesn't matter who is driving when the vehicle breaks down. To exted your coverage beyond the initial three years of warranty cover and up to a maximum of thirty years, simply have your vehicle serviced at one of our approved workshops and your cover will automatically be renewed until the next service is due. It doesn’t matter if services prior to this were carried out elsewhere.
Terms and conditions apply.
What’s covered – and what isn’t
Definition of ‘technical breakdown’
You can only call MobiloVan if the vehicle is rendered immobile due to a technical failure that meets one of the following criteria:
- Prevents the vehicle from being started/driven
- Could cause serious consequential damage
- if the vehicle continues to be driven
- Endangers the safety of the driver,
- passengers or other road users
- Legally prevents the vehicle’s continued use
There are endless causes of technical failure. The battery could be flat because you left the lights on -with MobiloVan, you're covered. If you have one flat tyre, you’re covered. Frozen fuel, rodent damage, even a broken brake light – you’re covered. The key is that the vehicle must either be physically immobile, or illegal or unsafe to drive. Driver safety is important to us - if you're concerned, call MobiloVan.
Additional benefits for vehicles in their initial warranty period
In the first 3 years, certain additional minor mishaps are covered over and above technical breakdown, again as long as the vehicle is rendered immobile:
- Wrong fuel/out of fuel
- Lost/locked in keys
- Two or more flat tyres
- Road traffic accident, vandalism
- and attempted theft/theft of parts
Please be aware the above are only covered up to a total cost of £130 including VAT. Above this cost, the customer is responsible for the total cost of the repair.
MobiloVan is a comprehensive service, but obviously it can't cover you for everything. For a full list of exclusions and all product terms and conditions, please visit mbvans.co.uk/mobilovan/termsandconditions
In the meantime, here are some causes of a breakdown that aren't covered:
- Deliberate or negligent behaviour, either on your part
- or someone else's - including breaking the law by carrying
- a heavier load or more people than permitted
- Modifications or replacement parts fitted that are
- not approved by Daimler AG
- Repairs not performed according to our specifications
- Breakdown as a consequence of ignoring repair recommendations made by an authorised Mercedes-Benz workshop
- Using the van in motor sport competitions, military manoeuvres, disaster relief operations or similar activities
- Defects known to you, including temporary repairs, but not rectified
Terms and Conditions
*MobiloVan applies to vehicles purchased from an authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealer, originally destined for and first registered in the UK on or after 01.10.2012. To extend your coverage beyond the initial three years of warranty cover and up to a maximum of thirty years, have your vehicle serviced at one of our approved workshops and it will automatically be renewed until the next service is due. Terms and conditions apply.