Acceptable Return Conditions
On the end of the finance agreement, any vehicle that has been secured through a Mercedes-Benz lease or hire agreement is subject to acceptable return conditions. Vehicles that fall out of the required guidelines are subject to additional costs on return. Using the guide below, you can pre-asses your vehicle and take the necessary measure to prevent the charges you may be faced with. We understand that wear and tear will happen, so have outlined examples of acceptable wear and tear and a description of chargeable damage.
Finance Vehicle Return Standards
Hints and Tips
Body and Paint
- Paint chips 8mm long and less in diameter, maximum of 4 per panel, 6 per door edge and 8 on any forward facing panel.
- Previous repair up to an acceptable standard.
- 25mm or less, maximum 4 per panel.
- Previous body repairs and paint rectification if there is evidence of poor colour match, ripples, preparation marks, visible overspray, masking lines or excess dirt in paint.
- Dents on roof or swage line.
- Evidence of customer decals including glue and sign writing.
Bumper and Body Moulding
- Scuff marks which do not adversley affect the overall appearance of your Mercedes-Benz.
- Discoloured, loose, cracked, distorted, gouged or split bumpers and mouldings that require replacement.
Wheels, Tyres and Alloys
- Van tyres minimum tread 5mm.
- Minor scuffing or damage to the vehicle alloy or wheel face.
- Scuffed sidewalls which can be cleaned.
- Any gouge, crack, cut, torn or plugged tyre side wall.
- Wheels must be free from dents.
- Tyres with excessive wear not matching age or mileage of your vehicle.
- Fitted with all original equipment or with any replacements to a good industry standard.
- Any lifting equipment fitted to the vehicle, i.e. tail lifts or hydraulic loaders, must comply with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) and have a minimum of 10 months unexpired service and weight test upon return.
- Free from any major leaks or defects in the driveline, mechanical, electrical, electronic, compressed air, air valve, hydraulic components or systems
- Major leaks or defects in the driveline, mechanical, electrical, electronic, compressed air, air valve, hydraulic components or systems.
- Chips on windscreen, which are less than 5mm, providing they do not obscure the drivers line of vision. Repaired chips must be outside of the A zone.
- Windscreens are secure and watertight.
- Chips greater than 5mm or repaired within the drivers A zone.
- Unsecure windscreen which is not watertight.
Notification of Charges
On the return of your vehicle to Mercedes-Benz, it will be subject to an inspection. It is requested that you are present during the inspection so that you can view any damage which we believe falls outside of the above guidelines. You will then be invoiced by Mercedes Benz Financial Services for any damaged outside of the acceptable return conditions policy this includes excess mileage, insufficient service history and extra days rental.
Your vehicle will be inspected prior to your handover date - giving you the opportunity to have any necessary repairs made to the vehicle. These repairs can be done by your local Northside Truck and Van depot who will charge you accordingly. If any repairs are carried out at this point, Mercedes-Benz recommends that you keep a copy of the relevant invoices. Any damage which occurs between the preinspection and handover that is not sufficiently repaired, in accordance with the guidance, will be charged accordingly.
Contact your local Northside Truck and Van dealer who will be able to assess and repair any damage prior to handover.
New Finance Offers, Ends 12th MayMore information